In Utah, a person commits object rape of a child when the person causes the penetration or touching, however slight, of the genital or anal opening of a child who is under the age of 14 by any foreign object, substance, instrument, or device, not including a part of the human body, with intent to cause substantial emotional or bodily pain to the child or with the intent to arouse or gratify the sexual desire of any person.
(a) Object rape of a child is a first degree felony punishable by imprisonment for an indeterminate term of not less than 6, 10, or 15 years and which may be for life.
(b) Imprisonment is mandatory in accordance with Section 76-3-406
- Utah’s Legal Definition of Unlawful Sexual Conduct With a 16 or 17 Year Old
- Utah’s Legal Definition of Sexual Abuse of a Minor
- Utah Definition of Sexual Battery
- Utah’s Legal Definition of Incest
- Utah’s Legal Definition of Voyeurism Offenses
Tags: Object Rape of a Child