You have the right to appeal a conviction or a judge’s final order, but there are deadlines for appealing. In Utah Felony sex offenses a written notice of appeal must be filed within 30 days of sentencing. If you wish to appeal a sex offense conviction, talk to your attorney and they can file the appropriate paperwork. Criminal appeals can be procedurally complex, and it is always wise to discuss the specifics of your appeal or potential appeal with an attorney who has appellate experience. It is not uncommon to have a different attorney handle the appeal than the attorney who handled the trial.